WHAT IS MUTUAL FUND
A mutual fund is a professionally managed investment fund that pools money from many investors, for which it is to be managed by fund managers for investments in securities such as stocks, bonds, and money market.
ADVANTAGES OF INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUND
1. Managed by professional investment teams
Portfolio management of mutual funds performed by investment teams who are experts in their respective fields and have acquired Wakil Manajer Investasi ( "WMI") license issued by OJK.
2. Diversification despite relatively small investments
With an investment of only Rp 100,000 (one hundred thousand rupiah), clients are still able to get a unit of mutual fund with investments into a diversified portfolio, thereby reducing the risk of investing in a single stock, bond or bank deposit.
3. High liquidity
Investment Management companies are obliged to buy back the mutual fund units from customers at prevailing prices. Proceeds from sale of units will be transferred to investor account within a period of 2 or 3 trading days (depending on the type of fund) or no later than 7 days before the exchange, except in cases of force majeure.
The value of units is calculated by the Custodian Bank, an independent third party which publishes its value every day in a business newspapers such as Bisnis Indonesia, Kontan, Investor Daily, etc., as well as the company website in the Product Literature section. It will be easier for clients to monitor their investment value and performance at anytime.
• Fund managers and mutual fund products are regulated and controlled by Otoritas Jasa Keuangan, Ministry of Finance of the Republic Indonesia.
• There is separation between the assets depositor (Custodian Bank) from assets manager (Investment Manager) to reduce the risk of bankruptcy or Investment Manager business closure.
• Strong support from shareholders. Sequis Asset Management is supported by two reputable financial companies, PT. Asuransi Jiwa Sequis Life ("Sequislife"), one of the leading private life insurance companies in Indonesia, and Nippon Life Insurance Company ("Nippon Life"), the largest private insurance company in Japan.
Borne by the Fund
Here are some of the costs incurred by mutual funds that have been reflected in the price of units:
• Cost of investment manager (management fee)
• Cost of custodian bank (custodian fee)
• Cost of transactions and registration of securities
• Cost of public accountants, lawyers and notaries after mutual fund is declared effective by OJK
• Cost of printing and sending updates of prospectus, financial reports, and units confirmation to clients after mutual fund is declared effective by OJK
• Cost of expenses for urgent needs in the interest of mutual funds, and
• Payment of tax in respect of these costs.
Borne by Customer
• Cost of units purchase (subscription fees), if any
• Cost of units resale (redemption fee), if any
• Cost of the units transfer (switching fee), if any
• Costs of bank transfer related to transaction of purchase and sale of mutual fund units
According to Article 4 (3) letter i Income Tax Law No. 17 In 2000, the share of profits including repayment of units received by the Holder of Units is not subject to tax.
1. Reduced value investment units
The decline of securities prices held by mutual fund is caused by domestic and overseas factors, such as political, economic, social, as well as company-specific factors.
2. Reduced purchasing power through inflation
Inflation which can be higher than mutual fund return of investment may cause a decline in purchasing power of investment of client.
Liquidity risks could occur if for one reason or another it can not buy back the investment units owned by client. Factors that may lead to liquidity risk, but are not limited to are:
• force majeure which caused the company, a bank or a stock exchange to cease operation; and
• securities owned by mutual funds, for one reason or another, can not be sold.
HOW TO BUY MUTUAL FUND OF SEQUIS ASSET MANAGEMENT
1. Click here to download:
2. The forms should be duly completed, signed and attached with the required documents as required and indicated. They should be put into a sealed envelope and sent to:
PT. Sequis Aset Manajemen
Sequis Center, 8th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman No. 71, Jakarta 12190, Indonesia
Alternatively, the Mutual Fund Transaction Form(s) can also be Faxed to (021) 522-3287 or Emailed to: Care@sequisam.co.id with subject "Mutual Fund Transaction"
For further information or queries, please contact our Customer Service at Tel: (021) 522-3288 or Email: Care@sequisam.co.id